WE RE-OPEN JUNE 1ST!
We are very excited to announce that starting Monday, June 1st, we will be accepting routine appointments.
Our front office staff is now available to assist you in scheduling appointments. If we are unable to answer your call immediately, feel free to leave a message and we will return your call by the end of the day. We will begin treating patients on Monday, June 1st.
We assure you that while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to safety.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are staying up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, to ensure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We have also implemented the following changes to help protect our patients as well as our staff:
- Prior to entry into the office, each patient and their caretaker will have their temperature checked using a no-touch thermometer.
- Patients will have the ability to receive a phone call upon their appointment time if they wish to wait in their car in our private parking lot.
- We have added plexiglass sneeze guards to our front desk area, medical grade air purifiers throughout the office, and additional cleaning measures throughout the day.
- All dentists, hygienists, and assistants will be outfitted in full Personal Protective Equipment, including face shields.
- All patients and their accompanying caretaker will be required to wear a mask to enter our office and must not take it off until instructed to do so. All dental staff will wear masks at all times.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Also we will do our best to minimize the number of patients in the office at any time.
- Fortunately, our office’s expansive size as well as the fact that we are a free standing building with private parking allows for effective social distancing without compromising many appointment times.
- We kindly ask that the patient goes to the treatment area independently, or for younger children, only one adult accompanies the patient. Siblings not scheduled for treatment should not attend the appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Anita Omidi D.M.D.
Hollander Dental Associates