iTero Scanner in Carlsbad, CA
An iTero scanner is a small, handheld wand that your dentist uses to take digital impressions of your teeth. The process is fast and simple and only takes a few minutes to scan your entire mouth. Once the scans are complete, your dentist will be able to create a digital model of your teeth that can then be used for Invisalign treatment.
The scanner uses laser and optical scanning to create a digital 3D model of your teeth. Because the scanner is digital, it captures much more precise images than traditional impression methods. The iTero scanner also creates a 3D model of your teeth that your dentist can use for treatment planning. The digital model can be used with Invisalign treatment software, so your dentist can easily map out your complete treatment plan from start to finish.
How Does The iTero Scanner Work?
The iTero scanner is a small wand-shaped wand that your dentist uses to scan your teeth. The computer connected to the iTero wand will capture detailed 3D images of your mouth, including teeth and jaw. The scanner's camera rotates around your head and takes 20-30 pictures. These images are then combined to create a 3D image of your mouth. This image also displays your teeth in their exact position.
What Are The Benefits of An iTero Scan?
The iTero scanner uses a digital wand to take extremely detailed images of teeth. These images can be used to create a 3D model of the patient's teeth, which can then be used to better design restorations, including crowns, bridges, and veneers.
The major benefits of iTero scan include the following:
- It helps the dentist to obtain an accurate diagnosis of the patient's oral health.
- It is a time-saving, quick process.
- The patient can see their digital dental images for a better understanding of their oral condition.
- Quick feedback.
- It can easily access and scan up to the back of your mouth, which was challenging to reach with old technologies.
- Enables the creation of accurate models for restorative purposes.
- The whole process of obtaining the scan is comfortable for the patient. The scanning takes less than a minute, and the patient doesn't need to bite down on a putty-like substance to obtain their dental impressions.
Hollander Dental Associates, located in Carlsbad, CA, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies that enable the best dental care facilities for patients. Call us at (760) 434-2526 and schedule an appointment with the Carlsbad dentist to know more about dental treatments.